the fight goes on in this the babylon
FF7 || NC-17 (sex, mild D/s, trauma recovery); post-AC || Sephiroth/Cloud || ~29.5k words
When Sephiroth is discovered in the heart of Aeris' church, floating naked on his back in the shallow pool of rainwater, time stands still. It stands still like every cliché in which Cloud's heart stops, fear and hatred and his heart clawing at his throat like rats. It stands still and for a moment Cloud exists as a hollow shell, a rain of bullets on a lonely cliff, a sword through the back and the slow fall of a little marble into a still lake.
the world has teeth
Dishonored || R (sexuality, violence); post-Low Chaos || Corvo/The Outsider || ~13.5k words
The Outsider says, "I will give you a name, as I did for Daud. I do not play favorites, Corvo, but I'm interested to see which future you will choose when you realize how easily it could have all fallen apart, no matter how hard you tried or how many despots you ruined."
Corvo's tempted to ask why are you doing this even though he already knows the answer.
My hands are literally shaking with anxiety, but I'm sure it will soon change to relief that, after so many years (!!!), it's all over.
FF7/8/13 || PG-13: college!AU || Squall, Cloud, Lightning being bros || ~2,400 words
A book of absurdity, a pencil with a fancy stamp, and a rambling conversation between three assholes in Starbucks.
- Born from my mumbling Tumblr post, heyo.
- While it's a wandering conversation in a coffee shop, bits of canon from FFVII, FFVIII, FFXIII, and FFXIII-2 are mashed in with a cameo from FFX's deity, Yevon.
- a few of the referenced non-canon events are still real-life events. What can I say, I’m a winner.
FF7 || PG-13 || Cloud, Zack || ~1,200 words
Sometimes your worst enemy is just day-to-day life. Modern!AU.
- Lyrics come from Rise Against, "The Approaching Curve"; Plowed, "Sponge"; The Killers, "Runaways." Because they're favorites, and I can, and this is semi-pretentious self-indulgence (i.e. therapy!fic for disaffected twenty-somethings) anyway.
also, arin_rowan, i've been getting fuckloads of compliments on my d20 earrings at this place full of nerds and pagans, so hopefully you'll get a few more customers at your lovely etsy. :D :D :D
the world cuts deeper (when love's in my hands)
Dishonored || PG-13: classism, racism, sexism || Billie Lurk || 3,800 words
When Daud dies, Billie is heading for a ship to take her to Morley.
- Present for ochrelock for the Dishonored Secret Santa - happy winter, hope you like it. :D
- High Chaos!Corvo, Low Chaos!Knife of Dunwall
- Warnings: classism, racism, sexism, brief mention of past attempted sexual assault (not against Billie)
- Past casual Billie/Delilah
- Title from Tryad's "My Piano Sings (Part 4)"
[ assassin's creed iii || ratonhnhaké:ton + struggle ]
saxon shore || tweleven
zola jesus || manifest destiny
jesper kyd || aphelion
ms mr || bones
imagine dragons || radioactive
florence + the machine || breath of life
sully erna || broken road
woodkid || iron
emancipator || all through the night
daniel licht || honor to all