Jul. 23rd, 2014 | 07:21 pm
music: nightwish - "the end of all hope"
My hands are literally shaking with anxiety, but I'm sure it will soon change to relief that, after so many years (!!!), it's all over.
Jun. 4th, 2014 | 04:34 pm
music: ingrid michaelson - "time machine"
FF7/8/13 || PG-13: college!AU || Squall, Cloud, Lightning being bros || ~2,400 words
A book of absurdity, a pencil with a fancy stamp, and a rambling conversation between three assholes in Starbucks.
- Born from my mumbling Tumblr post, heyo.
- While it's a wandering conversation in a coffee shop, bits of canon from FFVII, FFVIII, FFXIII, and FFXIII-2 are mashed in with a cameo from FFX's deity, Yevon.
- a few of the referenced non-canon events are still real-life events. What can I say, I’m a winner.
Apr. 19th, 2014 | 01:25 am
music: woodkid - "iron"
Mar. 21st, 2014 | 03:39 pm
music: ms mr - "bones"
FF7 || PG-13 || Cloud, Zack || ~1,200 words
Sometimes your worst enemy is just day-to-day life. Modern!AU.
- Lyrics come from Rise Against, "The Approaching Curve"; Plowed, "Sponge"; The Killers, "Runaways." Because they're favorites, and I can, and this is semi-pretentious self-indulgence (i.e. therapy!fic for disaffected twenty-somethings) anyway.
Feb. 16th, 2014 | 11:48 pm
music: florence + the machine - "kiss with a fist"
also, arin_rowan, i've been getting fuckloads of compliments on my d20 earrings at this place full of nerds and pagans, so hopefully you'll get a few more customers at your lovely etsy. :D :D :D
Feb. 14th, 2014 | 09:00 pm
Dec. 30th, 2013 | 10:17 pm
music: tryad - "my piano sings (part 4)"
the world cuts deeper (when love's in my hands)
Dishonored || PG-13: classism, racism, sexism || Billie Lurk || 3,800 words
When Daud dies, Billie is heading for a ship to take her to Morley.
- Present for ochrelock for the Dishonored Secret Santa - happy winter, hope you like it. :D
- High Chaos!Corvo, Low Chaos!Knife of Dunwall
- Warnings: classism, racism, sexism, brief mention of past attempted sexual assault (not against Billie)
- Past casual Billie/Delilah
- Title from Tryad's "My Piano Sings (Part 4)"
Oct. 13th, 2013 | 10:37 pm
music: the boyfriend playing ac: brotherhood
[ assassin's creed iii || ratonhnhaké:ton + struggle ]
saxon shore || tweleven
zola jesus || manifest destiny
jesper kyd || aphelion
ms mr || bones
imagine dragons || radioactive
florence + the machine || breath of life
sully erna || broken road
woodkid || iron
emancipator || all through the night
daniel licht || honor to all
Sep. 14th, 2013 | 06:21 pm
music: MSMR - "Bones"
- Got an apartment downtown with Boyfriend and another friend
and we're three blocks from my fave coffee shop, you can see my priorities here. Also a ten minute walk from the wharf with all the hacking of sea lions and the pervasive smell of ocean that creeps through your window at night.
- (Which reminds me, fateofshadow, I keep meaning to send you more saltwater taffy. Goddamn international shipping costs.)
- Stealing sporadic Internet from various coffee shops and the community center across the street, but since it is so sporadic I've done more actual reading of books in the last two weeks than the last several months. Somehow I fail to regret this.
- Discovered I still have a problem with spending grocery money on books. Exacerbated by now living four blocks from the nearest bookstore.
- OH SHIT I'm going to be representing the 'sky' realm in the upcoming three-realm-Celtic-inspired Samhain ritual, which means ritual performance! In public! In front of other people! With the Morrigan! Why the fuck did I volunteer for this!
- Found a leather jacket for ten bucks today. Booya.
- Still no full-time job AHAHA who needs to eat
- The Assassin's Creed series is giving me feelings.
- Writing fic, what does that mean.
Aug. 10th, 2013 | 06:49 pm
this one's the general heartbreak that comes with sea shanties and the irish, but then, samuel beechworth did go to sea to forget a hopeless love.
[ dishonored || samuel beechworth + the sea]
great big sea || the banks of newfoundland
nightwish || the islander
string sisters || luseblus
damien dempsey || factories
celia ní fhátharta || úna dheas ní nia
alasdair fraser || sally mo ghradh
damien dempsey || go to sea no more
loreena mckennitt || kecharitomene
Aug. 7th, 2013 | 12:24 pm
[ assassin's creed || altaïr ibn-la’ahad + hunting ]
shiva in exile || he’neya
stellamara || prituri se planinata
conjure one || redemption
dead can dance || dawn of the iconoclast
shiva in exile || bullet
mince pye || medieval drum dance
the moors || the hunter
e.s. posthumus || pompeii
buckethead || coma [feat. azam ali and serj tankian]
Aug. 6th, 2013 | 11:01 pm
music: half-cocked - "sober"
Aug. 6th, 2013 | 01:18 am
music: great big sea - "the banks of newfoundland"
Dishonored || R (violence) || The Outsider, Samuel, Corvo || ~7,500 words
"I know all the stories. I know all the beginnings, and all the endings. But it's the telling of them that changes, and Samuel knows far more than he thinks he does."
- warnings for human sacrifice, descriptions of slavery, and the aftermath of torture
- iambickilometer's belated birthday gift, woot
- for your edification, my rambling on why I wrote the myth bits the way I did
"In the beginning was the Void – "
"But what made the Void?"
"Emily," Corvo murmurs at the same time Samuel says, "Beggin' your pardon, Your Majesty, but that's the kind of question best left to people more learned than I."
"Go ahead, Samuel," prompts Callista.
Jul. 22nd, 2013 | 02:37 pm
music: dishonored ost - "honor for all"
can I just
have a moment plz
( omgCollapse )
Jul. 14th, 2013 | 06:57 pm
music: muse - "time is running out"
hannibal || will graham + falling
a perfect circle || the outsider [resident renholder remix]
deftones || change
jem || 24
black light burns || iodine sky
florence + the machine || girl with one eye
puscifer || rev. 22:20 [dry martini mix]
emancipator || ares
tricky || excess
tool || vicarious
halou || wholeness
lunatic soul || summerland